There are tens of thousands of WordPress plugin available to users. So many, in fact, that it’s difficult to know which ones really make a difference and which are overhyped. Plenty offer useful niche solutions, but few are truly must-have WordPress plugins for all sites.
No matter what kind of site you’re running, or what niche it belongs to, there are certain plugins that you’ll want to install. And those are the tools we’re going to discuss today.
In this article, we’re going to introduce you to nine must-have WordPress plugins and explain what makes each one stand out. Better yet, we’re also going to provide real data to justify why we think each plugin is essential.
Let’s get right to it!
1. Elite Notification
BUILD INSTANT TRUST & CREDIBILITY USING ELITE NOTIFICATION PLUGIN
If your visitors know what other people are buying, reading, reviewing, commenting, Donating then it’s more likely that they will get the confidence instantly and they will want to buy/donate it as well because of the FOMO effect. People don’t like to be after them. It is the habit of people to follow trends.
INCREASE YOUR LEADS, SALES & ENGAGEMENTS
Elite notification helps you capture the attention of your website visitors and gain your trust instantly by displaying pop-up sales and real-time engagement notifications. Create urgency among your visitors to buy your products right now. After all, no one wants to stay out.
1. ELITE LICENSER: ELite Licenser is a licensing plugin for your product, you can also show notification for licensing your product in your site to others. It could grab your customers attention to buy more products from you.
2. Sales Notifications: With ELITE NOTIFICATION, you can easily design attention-grabbing Sales Notifications to increase your sales rate. If you have WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads installed, you can display the recent purchases activity by other customers to influence the website visitors. [More free source: Envato, FastSpring)]
3. WordPress/Woocommerce Reviews: Show your Plugin/Theme reviews from WordPress.org & build credibility. [Source: WordPress, WP Review Plugin, WooCommerce & also ReviewX]
4. WP Comments: Allows you to view recent user comments on your WordPress posts as a notification alert. This is useful to immediately draw your visitors’ attention to the specified posts.
5. WordPress Download Count: View the number of people who have downloaded your product since WordPress.org recently. [Source: WooCommerce, EDD, Envato, FastSpring]
6. CUSTOM NOTIFICATIONS: You can create advanced and custom notifications the way you want using these options.
7. Donation: You can show your donation notification to others in your donating site for inspire them to donate more.[Source: Give Donate Plugin]
The base version of Elite Notification is 100% free, and the premium version is under construction. Soon APPSBD launch the premium version.
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is by far the most popular SEO tool in the WordPress landscape, and it’s easy to see why it’s one of our must-have WordPress plugins. Not only can it help you improve your SEO, it can even analyze your content’s readability. About 79% of users only scan through your posts and pages, so the more accessible your copy is, the greater your chance of retaining their attention.
As far as SEO is concerned, there are plenty of ways to drive traffic to your site. However, none offer as much potential as search engines. Each day, Google alone handles over nine billion searches. It’s not an exaggeration to say that organic traffic can make or break a website, and you can’t buy your way to the top in most cases. Just to drive home that point, only 5% of search engine traffic leads users to paid results. That’s why working on your keyword strategy is critical for every website.
- Optimize your WordPress posts and pages using keywords and meta descriptions.
- See how well your content is currently optimized, and make improvements easily.
- Improve your content’s readability with simple tips.
The base version of Yoast SEO is 100% free, and there’s a premium version with additional features.
An average of 30,000 websites get hacked every day. When you consider the fact that WordPress powers nearly 30% of sites on the web, you can see why it’s a frequent target. Moreover, parts of your WordPress website can sometimes stop working due to simple errors.
For example, if most people use 10 or fewer plugins on their sites and half of those receive monthly updates, it’s clear that the risk of running into compatibility errors is common. A single recent backup can save you a ton of headaches, whether you’ve been attacked, encounter a compatibility issue, or simply want to migrate your site.
This is where our next must-have WordPress plugin comes into play. There are plenty of WordPress backup plugins available online, but few of them are as powerful and easy to use as UpdraftPlus. It integrates with multiple cloud storage options to safeguard your backups. And you can even automate your backups with a recurring schedule.
- Create automatic or manual backups of your website.
- Store your backups locally or on the cloud.
- Restore your website to a previous state.
There are both free and premium versions of UpdraftPlus available.
Images take up more than 50% of the average webpage size. That means optimizing your images can make a huge difference to your site’s page load times.
Why is that important? Because if your website takes more than three seconds to load, over half your visitors will abandon it.
In case that isn’t worrying enough, 79% of online shoppers might not return to your website if they find its performance lackluster. While images aren’t the only thing that impacts website performance, optimizing your WordPress images is a key component of improving your page load times.
Optimole takes every graphic you upload to WordPress and optimizes it so that it takes up less space. In addition to that, it uses a cloud-based system to speed up your site. Optimole auto-detects the screen size, and resizes images to provide a fast loading, responsive experience to your users.
- Automatically compress your images.
- Optimize your JPEG and PNG images.
- Bulk optimize any old images that you have
- Resize any images you upload to your website.
- Supports both Retina and WebP images.
- Uses global CDN.
- Compatible with modern page builders like Elementor.
This plugin is free for up to 5,000 visits per month. After that, you can opt for the premium version for $22.52 / month charged annually.
5. Revive Old Post
Social media is the source of over 30% of referral traffic to most websites.
How people come to your website?Social mediaOther31.2%68.8%
|How people come to your website?
|% of people who come to your website
(Charts by Visualizer Lite.)
That means you’re losing out on a massive amount of potential traffic if you don’t remain active on social media. Just to give you an idea, approximately 2 billion and 300 million users log into Facebook and Twitter respectively each month. If every post on those networks can increase your chances of reaching even a sliver of those users, it means that the plugin we want to point out to you here is definitely worth your time.
Another one of the must-have WordPress plugins on our list is Revive Old Post. It’s designed to help drive more traffic to your website via social media. To accomplish this, the plugin takes your site’s new and old publications and automatically shares them to Twitter and Facebook.
- Share your new and old posts to Twitter and Facebook automatically.
- Set a schedule for your social media publications.
- Include hashtags and links back to your website.
There are both free and premium versions available.
6. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is a powerful caching plugin that helps you to speed up your loading times. It does this by creating cached copies of each dynamically-generated page on your site, so your servers have to do less work.
We’ve already talked about why quick page load times are critical, and caching solutions can be an even more effective solution than image optimization. For example, the W3 Total Cache plugin can decrease your loading times by over 43% on average.
WP Rocket does even better – in our caching plugin tests, it decreased page load times by a whopping 63%. It may not be free, but the results are more than worth it, especially if there are conversions on the line.
- Cache your website’s dynamically generated pages.
- Improve user-end browser caching.
- Enable lazy loading for faster loading times.
- Integrate your caching solution with a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
WP Rocket is a premium tool that starts at $49 for a single site’s year-long license.
wordpress plugin wordpress plugin